According to several studies conducted since 2006, 93 percent of Web users don't look beyond the first page of search results, and of those that click through to your website, 97 percent will leave without creating any conversion. By using one of our recommended API's your website will become immune to this statistic.
Here at Bounce Rating we will endeavour to provide up-to-date infographics on Bounce Rate trends, and hopefully, provide you with the best-practice recommendations for keeping your website bounce-rates down and your profits up.
These statistics shown below are a guideline for known statistically backed averages and can be used to glean an expected minimum for your style of website. The statistics have been taken from analytical systems.
There are many 'preventative measures' that can be implemented on websites to help reduce a high bounce-rate, but to the best of our knowledge there is only one application which can provide you with a mechanism for bounce preventions and provide a powerful marketing tool. Exit Conversion provide a Software-Subscription-Service which provides access to an API which plugs directly into most types of websites.
A websites Bounce Rate applies to the 'entry or page they land on (landing-page, i.e. the first page a person visits) and an Exit Rate applies to the page a visitor 'exits or leaves' from. More specifically, think of an exit rate as a way to identify where people are exiting mid-stream from your websites conversion funnel.
Here are some best practice methods for preventing high bounce rates which are usually considered to be part of the websites develoment and planning cycle:
- Attract the right visitors
- Choose the right keywords to match your content
- Create multiple landing pages with unique content and keywords for different types of visitors
- Maintain top rankings for your branded terms
- Write attractive and meaningful Meta-Descriptions for search engine results
- Improve targeting of your online marketing campaigns
- Enhance your websites usability by:
- Sensible organisation
- Good colour contrast
- White space
- Larger fonts
- Bulleted lists
- Large headlines
- Use good layout:
- Quick navigation
- Easy to find search
- Content in sections
- Responsive layout for multiple platforms and browsers
- Speed up the websites page-load time
- Use little or no self-loading multimedia content
- Set external links to open in new windows
- Don't let ads distract:
- Place static ads to the side
- Avoid old-style pop ups which most browsers will block
- Avoid self-loading multimedia ads
- Provide good content
- Set an obvious main message
- Concise headers and footers
- Content tailored to intended visitors
- Stylish copy and images
- No or few errors
- Clear Call-To-Action
- Obvious links to next steps
- Include case studies in your maketing content
- Use the API provided by Exit Conversion to prevent page-exits and deliver targeted marketing and special offers directly to visitors on a site-wide or page by page basis.
As you can see, there are many basic requirements for an unprotected website to achieve low bounce rate statistics. However, with the ingenious API provided by Exit Conversion you can make any website robust against this crippling metric.